Saxophone in pop/rock songs is fantastic. Admit it, you agree. There is no denying the sultry sounds of the almighty brass woodwind. It is particularly alluring when placed alongside a wailing guitar or used as a breakdown to really push a song to unimaginable new heights.
With that in mind myself and Paul Hinman present to you Sax On The Beach : The Horny Mix, a compilation of contemporary rock / pop songs featuring the saxophone in some way. The style of saxophony integration ranges from prominent rhythm piece to mind-blowing bridge solo to all out cacophony of sound.
Some might look down on you for listening to such progressive sounds but fear not - you are superior to any naysayer with this mix in the deck. Don't fret your musical cred because without a thread of irony, this saxophone mix will carry you through the worst of times.
An unimaginable amount of gratitude goes to Paul for helping me brainstorm and compile songs - not to mention joining me in the fight for saxophone superiority.
- Glenn Frey - The Heat is On
- Haircut 100 - Love Plus One
- Mark Ronson - Just (feat. Alex Greenwald)
- Lily Allen - Knock 'Em Out
- Billy Joel - Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
- Chromeo - You're So Gangsta
- Royksopp - She's So
- Menomena - The Late Great Libido
- Hall & Oates - Maneater
- Pink Floyd - Money
- Duran Duran - Rio
- AIR - Highschool Prom (Playground Love)
- Incubus - Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song)
- They Might Be Giants - Whirlpool
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- The Cure - A Night Like This
- Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini (C. Faminepulse)
- Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini (D. Multiple Spouse Wounds)