I am, on the whole, not the kind of music listener that is drawn to the overly sad, sullen, morose and, often, overly self-indulgent side of music. I would prefer to listen to an upbeat piece of music or something entirely ambient if given the choice.
But, sometimes, the music fits the mood and it's good to have some quiet, sincere songs to listen to. So, with that in mind, I've put together this mix to accompany the winter nights when it's best to just lie back and do a little bit of nothing at all. Some of the selections may seem a bit trite (Grizzly Bear, really?) but you can't really help what songs speak to you.. so I included them here.
There may be some repeats from previous mixes but, rest assured, they fit in the context of this new mix rather well.
- Matt Berry - An Awakening
- Telekinesis - Rust
- White Denim - You Can't Say
- Duncan Browne - Country Song
- Richard Swift - Buildings in America
- Pseudosix - Enclave
- The Frames - Happy
- Quasi - No One
- Broken Social Scene - Lover's Spit
- Jon Brion - Phone Call
- Department of Eagles - The Piano In The Bathtub
- Blitzen Trapper - 40 Stripes
- George Harrison - I Don't Want to Do It (acoustic version)
- Grandaddy - Protected From The Rain
- Twin Sister - Nectarine
- Grizzly Bear - Shift
- Duncan Browne - My Old Friends
- Phoenix - Playground Love (AIR)
- Thee More Shallows - I Can't Get Next To You
- Dr. Dog - I Hope There's Love