Recently I found myself in dire need of proper "rock" music. Everything that I had been encountering was singer songwriter style self absorbed nonsense. That has its place but occasionally (frequently) I enjoy some high energy tunes. So, I took it upon myself to put together a short mix of recent tracks and old favorites that fit the bill. Why so short? Because a good rock album is short - no time to mess around with filler.
There is one track that doesn't fit the general schema of things but it still "rocks" in its own way. See if you can spot it.
- The Big Sleep - Bad Blood
- Does It Offend You, Yeah - Attack of the 60ft Lesbian Octopus
- Dosh - If You Want To, You Have To
- Pete and The Pirates - bright lights
- White Denim - ShakeShakeShake
- Jay Reatard - Death Is Forming
- Detachment Kit - Dead Angels Make Slow Sound
- Apollo Up - The Job's A Game
- Call Florence Pow - Johnny & Sarah
- 65daysofstatic - I Swallowed Hard, Like I Understood
- Amusement Parks on Fire - Blackout
- Modest Mouse - What People Are Made Of
- Supergrass - Bad Blood